The UEFA Intelligence Centre is seeking a Data Scientist to join their Data Management team. The ideal candidate must apply strong technical expertise in statistics, data science, and quantitative marketing methods. Your role will focus on supporting the activities of our digital marketing division, enabling better decision-making through your ability to mine data coupled with the development and application of advanced analytics and algorithms to derive actionable insights.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Connect to and cleanse various large data sets with multiple million observations.
- Convert various non-tabular data sources (e.g. APIs or JSON) across various channels (e.g. Google Analytics, OTT, App) into data tables for Business Analysts.
- Automate the delivery of data for driving KPIs and advanced analytics projects.
- Work closely with the marketing team to design advanced analytics projects and implement these within the team’s data management environment.
- Lead external agencies with the delivery of advanced analytics projects and integrate the methods for replication internally.
- Support the building of reproducible code, predictive models, analytics, and visualisations, and facilitate a deep understanding of user and fan behaviours across digital channels.
- Actively research best-in-class methodologies and create new algorithms and models to measure the effectiveness of marketing campaigns and media investments.
- Be imaginative and creative with an eagerness to track and contribute to the latest developments in modelling and to envision application possibilities of emerging technologies in data science and machine learning.
- Influence the project team to take action based on the model results.
Background & Experience
- Masters or PhD in quantitative marketing (management), statistics, data science, mathematics, economics, or a closely related field.
- Advanced abilities with data manipulation and preparation.
- Experience with a high-level programming languages R and Python with a wide variety of real-life applications in a corporate setting.
- Proven ability to design, implement, and validate marketing specific modelling techniques e.g. parametric methods, Bayesian nonparametric methods, hierarchical Bayesian models, discrete choice models, and machine learning.
- Experience working with APIs, Amazon Web Services (particularly S3), Google Analytics, and marketing related data repositories.
- Knowledge of other database technologies e.g. SQL / SnowFlake a plus.
- Previous experience with Tableau and Dataiku a plus.
- Knowledge of unified analytics engines e.g. Apache Spark a plus.
If you are interested, please send your application to IntelligenceCentre[at]uefa.ch.